Bluegrid Pty Ltd Trading as Moore & Co. Accountants Client Engagement Terms
Moore & Co. Accountants will provide taxation and accounting services to yourself and/or your business to assist you to meet your reporting obligations to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). These services will be provided in accordance with the relevant professional and ethical standards required by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). The Income Tax laws place the responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of your tax return with you; therefore, we will work together with you to make sure the tax return we lodge is correct. Please ensure that you provide all relevant information to your consultant for inclusion in your tax return(s). You should also advise if we have misunderstood or misinterpreted your circumstances, or if you have any questions please be sure to ask them.
Our undertaking to you:
- We will conduct a thorough personal interview and ensure all appropriate deductions and relevant tax offsets have been claimed.
- We will explain any new tax laws that have come into effect this year that have a bearing on your circumstances.
- We will explain to you your tax situation and give you an estimate of the result. If the assessment notice differs from our estimate, please contact us and we will explain why.
- We will ensure your tax return is completed in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Taxation Laws.
- We will look for opportunities to suggest any deductions that you may claim and what substantiation is required for that claim.
- We will undertake a review of your tax return prior to lodgement and lodge it in a timely fashion.
- We will respond to your tax or other queries within a maximum 48-hour timeframe.
- We will provide you with year-round service and support and will act as your liaison with the ATO in any matters relating to tax returns or business activity statements we prepare for you.
- Upon request provide you with copies of any signed documents that you may require from time to time.
- Your personal information is subject to strict confidentiality requirements. Moore & Co. Accountants will not share any tax-related or financial information with any parties except as required by law.
What we ask of you:
- Provide all necessary records and documents as required to complete your tax return in a timely manner.
- Keep full and proper records in order to facilitate the preparation of a correct return. Whilst the Commissioner of Taxation will accept claims made by a taxpayer in an income tax return and issue a notice of assessment, usually without adjustment, the return may be subject to later review. Under the taxation law, such a review may take place within a period of up to five years after tax becomes due and payable under the assessment. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure you maintain your records for a period of no less than 5 years from lodgement.
- Notify us as soon as practically possible of any correspondence received from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) in relation to your taxation affairs.
Our fees for the preparation of your income tax and other documentation is payable upon completion and prior to lodgement of your return. Where you have been quoted a fixed fee, but the information provided does not matchup with what the quote was based on we will contact you prior to starting. If there are any extras you need either bookkeeping or tax advice, they can also be on a quote basis or at our prevailing bookkeeping & tax advice rates. Please contact us for more information.
- Financial Reporting and Business Advisory
- Business start-up and succession planning
- Auditing (Trust Accounts, Non-profit organizations, Real Estate Agents, Conveyancers and Solicitors)
- Tax planning and strategies
- Tax return preparation
- Self-Managed Superannuation Fund
- Financial planning
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Deceased Estates
- Non-profit organizations